Maximum complaints pour in against cops at police ‘khula darbaar’
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
A 'KHULA Darbaar' or complaint redressal camp organised by Ludhiana police on Friday at Shagun Palace proved to be a trap for the police itself.
The maximum number of people reached the camp with complaints against the police's attitude and callousness and were not allowed to complete their stories.
Annoyed, police officials even took some of them out of the camp, saying they were creating 'unnecessary chaos'.
Dissatisfied, the majority of the people left empty-handed and some did not even get a chance to speak.
However, ADCP-1 (city) Nilambari Jagdale claimed that around 200 cases were solved on the spot. "Some complaints needed proper investigation. However, most of them have been solved amicably and in some cases, FIR registration has been ordered," Jagdale said.
Other than Jagdale, Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon, ACP (central) Deepak Hilori and ACP (north) Raj Kumar Jalhotra were present at the camp.
People with their complaints pending in division numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and Salem Tabri were invited by the police to the 'khula darbaar.'
The police invited people whose complaints had been lying pending in police stations division number 1, division number 2, division number 3, division number 4, division number 6 and Salem Tabri police station to come to the camp.
Issues like financial disputes, scuffles between tenants and landlords, matrimonial disputes and fights among neighbours dominated the camp.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA