Maya axed it but Akhilesh Yadav OKs hike in DND flyover toll tax to Rs 25
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's manifesto in tune with RSS' agenda, says CPI; Lakhs of farmers have committed suicide in your country, says Modi
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Naidu stirs hornet's nest with BJP tie-up, releases first list of candidates cautiously
Passengers will now have to pay more to travel of the DND flyway from November 10 midnight. The expressway is 9.2 kms access controlled road which connects Delhi and Noida and has been operational since 2001. Noida Toll Bridge Company, which is the concessionare for the expressway, said the price hike was part of an annual revision.
Officials said the hike ranges from 9 per cent to 13 per cent. "While two wheelers now have to pay Rs 12 up from Rs 11 that was charged thus far, the rates for cars have gone up from 25 from the existing Rs 22," said Anwar Abbasi, a NTBC official.
The annual revision, is part of the contract between the Noida Authority and the company. "The last revision was a partial increase on November 9, 2011. But before that, there was no price hike for 3 years, as it was only carried out in November 2008," officials said.
Officials added that the amount now charged for four wheelers would solve another problem, one of change. "When we use to increase the prices, there would always be a furore because of the loose change that was required. Because the price for cars is now Rs 25, that problem will be partially solved. This will improve standing time at the toll booths, as turnover will be much quicker. We could not do the same for two wheelers as the price increase would be unreasonable. The next revision is scheduled for next November," officials said.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains