Maya park dedicated to ‘victims of iniquitous social order’
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal in Noida, which will be inaugurated by BSP chief Mayawati on Friday, will have an engraving on the monument to highlight how the backward castes have been "victims of an iniquitous social order".
"The engraving, which is in both Hindi and English, and measures 5830 mm in height and 3560 mm in width, will be seen at the main entrance of the Rashtriya Dalit Smarak," said Balwinder Kumar, Chief Executive Officer of Noida Authority.
The Smarak is the main dome, part of Phase I of the project, which contains bronze statues of B R Ambedkar, Kanshi Ram and Mayawati herself.
"For over a millennium, a substantial mass of this nation's populace belonging to the SC, ST, and OBC category have been victims of an iniquitous social order, based on varna and caste that has held them in its thrall and blighted every aspect of their existence. Over the ages, a number of Sants, Gurus and Mahapurush have made great sacrifices in the course of the righteous struggle for the transformation of this unjust and inhumane social order, to a humanistic equalitarian social order," reads the engraving.
The monument, it declares, has been constructed to honour the "unparalleled struggle of these stalwarts towards the struggle for social transformation". "The Bahujan Samaj Party, under the leadership of Chief Minister Mayawatiji has taken the unprecedented and momentous decision to commemorate their struggle. A decision that is certain to be hailed for posterity and recorded in golden letters in the pages of history."
CM to announce 16 new projects
During her visit to Gautam Budh Nagar, Mayawati is set to announce 16 new projects, including schools, hospitals and colleges for the area. Her helicopter will land at a temporary helipad in Apeejay School in Sector 16-A, adjacent to the Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal. Officials said a traffic plan was in place and movement would be affected from 2 pm to 8 pm. Expected choke points are Mayur Vihar to Noida and Greater Noida, Sectors 14,15, 16, Film City, and Kalindi Kunj.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar