Maya park dedicated to ‘victims of iniquitous social order’
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal in Noida, which will be inaugurated by BSP chief Mayawati on Friday, will have an engraving on the monument to highlight how the backward castes have been "victims of an iniquitous social order".
"The engraving, which is in both Hindi and English, and measures 5830 mm in height and 3560 mm in width, will be seen at the main entrance of the Rashtriya Dalit Smarak," said Balwinder Kumar, Chief Executive Officer of Noida Authority.
The Smarak is the main dome, part of Phase I of the project, which contains bronze statues of B R Ambedkar, Kanshi Ram and Mayawati herself.
"For over a millennium, a substantial mass of this nation's populace belonging to the SC, ST, and OBC category have been victims of an iniquitous social order, based on varna and caste that has held them in its thrall and blighted every aspect of their existence. Over the ages, a number of Sants, Gurus and Mahapurush have made great sacrifices in the course of the righteous struggle for the transformation of this unjust and inhumane social order, to a humanistic equalitarian social order," reads the engraving.
The monument, it declares, has been constructed to honour the "unparalleled struggle of these stalwarts towards the struggle for social transformation". "The Bahujan Samaj Party, under the leadership of Chief Minister Mayawatiji has taken the unprecedented and momentous decision to commemorate their struggle. A decision that is certain to be hailed for posterity and recorded in golden letters in the pages of history."
CM to announce 16 new projects
During her visit to Gautam Budh Nagar, Mayawati is set to announce 16 new projects, including schools, hospitals and colleges for the area. Her helicopter will land at a temporary helipad in Apeejay School in Sector 16-A, adjacent to the Rashtriya Dalit Prerna Sthal. Officials said a traffic plan was in place and movement would be affected from 2 pm to 8 pm. Expected choke points are Mayur Vihar to Noida and Greater Noida, Sectors 14,15, 16, Film City, and Kalindi Kunj.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?