Mayawati's birthday: BSP to observe Jankalyankari Diwas
- Delhi govt suspends two DANICS-cadre officers, Home Ministry declares move null and void
- AAP vs Centre: DDCA president moved Rs 1.55 cr to firms not found at listed addresses
- Chhattisgarh Tapes: Jogi Junior faces expulsion, his father told to explain after Cong-BJP tapes on bypoll ‘deal’
- Shamli simmering: Congress man also in hate speech complaint
- Punjab: 9 killed, 15 injured after bus hits motorised cart
BSP supremo Mayawati's 57th birthday will be observed tomorrow as 'Jankalyankari Diwas' across Uttar Pradesh, the main opposition said today.
Last year, the BSP chief's birthday celebration was a low-key affair unlike the previous years. Incidentally, the party was thrown out of power in Uttar Pradesh by Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party in Assembly polls last year.
As per her instruction, partymen would remain present in their respective constituencies and ensure participation of all the communities in the celebrations and work towards redressing the problems of the people, BSP sources said.
In Lucknow, former minister and senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui will be the chief guest at the function to be held by the district unit at Jyotiba Phule park which has been specially decorated for the day.