Mayawati's birthday: BSP to observe Jankalyankari Diwas
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
BSP supremo Mayawati's 57th birthday will be observed tomorrow as 'Jankalyankari Diwas' across Uttar Pradesh, the main opposition said today.
Last year, the BSP chief's birthday celebration was a low-key affair unlike the previous years. Incidentally, the party was thrown out of power in Uttar Pradesh by Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party in Assembly polls last year.
As per her instruction, partymen would remain present in their respective constituencies and ensure participation of all the communities in the celebrations and work towards redressing the problems of the people, BSP sources said.
In Lucknow, former minister and senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui will be the chief guest at the function to be held by the district unit at Jyotiba Phule park which has been specially decorated for the day.
Mayawati, meanwhile, will attend the main function in New Delhi where she would also be releasing the eighth volume of her book 'A travelogue of my struggle ridden life and BSP movement', they said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready