Mayawati's birthday: BSP to observe Jankalyankari Diwas
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
BSP supremo Mayawati's 57th birthday will be observed tomorrow as 'Jankalyankari Diwas' across Uttar Pradesh, the main opposition said today.
Last year, the BSP chief's birthday celebration was a low-key affair unlike the previous years. Incidentally, the party was thrown out of power in Uttar Pradesh by Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party in Assembly polls last year.
As per her instruction, partymen would remain present in their respective constituencies and ensure participation of all the communities in the celebrations and work towards redressing the problems of the people, BSP sources said.
In Lucknow, former minister and senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui will be the chief guest at the function to be held by the district unit at Jyotiba Phule park which has been specially decorated for the day.
Mayawati, meanwhile, will attend the main function in New Delhi where she would also be releasing the eighth volume of her book 'A travelogue of my struggle ridden life and BSP movement', they said.