Mayawati's birthday: BSP to observe Jankalyankari Diwas
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
BSP supremo Mayawati's 57th birthday will be observed tomorrow as 'Jankalyankari Diwas' across Uttar Pradesh, the main opposition said today.
Last year, the BSP chief's birthday celebration was a low-key affair unlike the previous years. Incidentally, the party was thrown out of power in Uttar Pradesh by Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party in Assembly polls last year.
As per her instruction, partymen would remain present in their respective constituencies and ensure participation of all the communities in the celebrations and work towards redressing the problems of the people, BSP sources said.
In Lucknow, former minister and senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui will be the chief guest at the function to be held by the district unit at Jyotiba Phule park which has been specially decorated for the day.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society