Mayor inaugurates green belt
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Chandigarh:Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Monday inaugurated a newly developed green belt in Sector 7. Covering an area of 3.10 acres, the green belt was constructed at a cost of Rs 27 lakh. The Mayor stated that while the civic body was developing green belts it was the responsibility of the residents to contribute towards their maintenance.
Children's Day celebrated at Central State Library
Chandigarh:The T S Central State Library in Sector 17 has begun week long competitions for Children's Day. The competitions include story telling, calligraphy, clay modeling, general quiz, extempore, hasya k avi s ammelan, face painting and books and internet search for children from class 3 to Class 5.
Ballet performed at Vivek High School
Chandigarh:As a part of the seventeenth Founder's Week celebrations at Vivek High School Sector 38, the senior students presented a ballet, Samarpan, directed and choreographed by Shakti Roberts. Based on the book 'Hugging of the Trees' by Thomas Weber, the ballet opened with the five elements, Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space being in complete harmony but the humankind, due to its ignorance, disturbs the ecology.