Mayor inspects cattle shed
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Mayor Subhash Chawla on Tuesday visited the cattle shed in Sector 45 to see the condition of cattle. The visit follows the death of several cows in a cattle shed in Maloya.
Chawla blamed the death of the animals on lack of proper management. He gave instructions for the segregation of the cattle separating the sick animals as well as the younger ones from the healthy adult animals.
He also inspected the feed being given to the cattle. The amount of feed being given was found to be less than what is required. The cattle shed in Sector 45 runs on donations given by people.
Around 30 cows died in Maloya over a period of time. Some deaths have also been reported from Sector 45. The cattle sheds house stray animals. Over the past two days, the Mayor has been conducting inspections of these cattle sheds. He stated that there was a need for better management in order to protect the animals.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18