Mayor lays UGR foundation stone
- Days before Yasin Bhatkal was arrested, it was Monu who âdeliveredâ Rs 1 lakh cash to his wife
- Modi targets Kejriwal: âAK 49, an agent of Pakâ
- Rahul reminds BJP of 2004, says its campaign bubble will burst
- When camp is flooded, votes last thing on riot victimsâ mind
- Election 2014 LIVE: Maoists blow up mobile tower ahead of Modi's visit in Bihar
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Wednesday laid the foundation stone of an underground reservoir at Sector 46. The UGR along with a tubewell will be constructed at a cost of Rs 70 lakh and will help in providing water to the adjoining areas. Area councillor Heera Negi along with other councillors and officials was present. The UGR will help in solving the problem of low water pressure in the sector.
Encroachment cleared from 12 parks
Chandigarh: The Enforcement Wing of the Municipal Corporation with the Horticulture Department on Wednesday cleared encroachments from 12 small parks in Manimajra. Of these four parks were present in Indira Colony and eight in New Indira Colony. Huts, dumped rickshaws, cycles and autos were removed from the parks.
Woman injured in gas stove explosion
Chandigarh: A 28-year old woman, Rukya, sustained 35 per cent burns while cooking in her house at 12 noon as the gas stove blasted. The woman was admitted to PGI and her condition is said to be stable. Rukya is married and has three children.
Rs 4 lakh stolen from wedding
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case of a bag containing cash worth Rs four lakhs being stolen from a wedding function at Hotel Mountview. However, it is not clear from the CCTV footage who picked the bag. One of the police officials said that during the wedding ceremony of the complainant, Sukhwinder Singh, a resident of Mohali, someone stole the handbag of his wife which contained cash and two mobile phones.
Man booked for raping 25-year-old
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case against a resident of Manimajra and two others who allegedly raped a girl. The three have been booked on charges of punishment of rape and criminal conspiracy. Police said that the 25-year old victim, was promised by her first cousin, Razik two years ago that he will marry. Razik along with his brother and sister-in-law had also approached the parents of the victim and were in the process of finalizing the date for marriage.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl