Mayor lays UGR foundation stone
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Wednesday laid the foundation stone of an underground reservoir at Sector 46. The UGR along with a tubewell will be constructed at a cost of Rs 70 lakh and will help in providing water to the adjoining areas. Area councillor Heera Negi along with other councillors and officials was present. The UGR will help in solving the problem of low water pressure in the sector.
Encroachment cleared from 12 parks
Chandigarh: The Enforcement Wing of the Municipal Corporation with the Horticulture Department on Wednesday cleared encroachments from 12 small parks in Manimajra. Of these four parks were present in Indira Colony and eight in New Indira Colony. Huts, dumped rickshaws, cycles and autos were removed from the parks.
Woman injured in gas stove explosion
Chandigarh: A 28-year old woman, Rukya, sustained 35 per cent burns while cooking in her house at 12 noon as the gas stove blasted. The woman was admitted to PGI and her condition is said to be stable. Rukya is married and has three children.
Rs 4 lakh stolen from wedding
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case of a bag containing cash worth Rs four lakhs being stolen from a wedding function at Hotel Mountview. However, it is not clear from the CCTV footage who picked the bag. One of the police officials said that during the wedding ceremony of the complainant, Sukhwinder Singh, a resident of Mohali, someone stole the handbag of his wife which contained cash and two mobile phones.
Man booked for raping 25-year-old
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case against a resident of Manimajra and two others who allegedly raped a girl. The three have been booked on charges of punishment of rape and criminal conspiracy. Police said that the 25-year old victim, was promised by her first cousin, Razik two years ago that he will marry. Razik along with his brother and sister-in-law had also approached the parents of the victim and were in the process of finalizing the date for marriage.
- Google’s mystery barge finds new home
- Allahabad, Phulpur Congress oppose ‘outsider’ nominees
- Bombay HC allows R-Infra to amend suit against AAP
- US job growth picks speed, weather cuts into hours worked
- As RBI readies to issue licences, old private banks in spotlight
- BJP writes to EC against dropping of sedition charges