MBA student kills self
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Sonia had come to the city a year ago following a divorce from her husband, according to police. The custody of her daughter was given to her husband
UT police had registered a case that an MBA student, Sonia Verma, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan at her Sector 34 rented accommodation on Monday.
Police has recovered a suicide note saying that she was frustrated with her life and is responsible for her death.
However, the reason of suicide has not been mentioned in the note.
The police officials said that she had come to the city a year ago following a divorce with her husband. According to the suicide note, the deceased had mentioned that she will miss her daughter.
After the divorce, the custody of Sonia's daughter was given to her husband. This was a cause of distress for her, said a police official.
Sonia Verma hails from Nangal and was pursuing a course in MBA at a private collage at Chandigarh. Sonia was discovered by her landlord on Monday morning as he came to talk to her about house rent.
When she did not open the door, he peeped from the window and found her hanging. The police reached the spot and her body was sent to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16 for post mortem.