MBBGRGC Mansowal eves claim yoga team championship title
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
MBBGRGC Girls College, Mansowal claimed the team championship as they garnered 872 points in the Panjab University Inter College Yoga (Women) B Division tournament held on Tuesday at the PU Gymnasium Hall. MLBG Girls College, Tapprian Khurd finished second with 726 points. Gurpreet Kaur of MBBGRGC Girls College, Mansowal walked away with the individual all round best yogi title with 68.33 points. Ranjana Bhanot, also from the same college, came second with 60.33 points. Meanwhile, DAV College of Education, Abohar claimed the team championship after securing 1096 points in the Panjab University Inter College Yoga (Women) C-Division tournament held on Tuesday. Dev Samaj College of Education, Chandigarh was second with 1079 points.
Ruchi Sharma of Dev Samaj College of Education, Chandigarh emerged as the best all round yogi with 84.33 points, followed by Mamta of DAV Collge of Education, Abohar at second with 84.33 points. Also, GGD SD College, Chandigarh defeated PG GC Sector 11 by 7-5 in the Panjab University Inter College Korfball Championship held at PU ground. SGGS College, Chandigarh prevailed over DAV College, Chandigarh, 9-7, while PU Campus registered an easy 15-4 verdict against GGD SD College, Chandigarh.