MBBS aspirantís body sent for autopsy, probe on
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
Family members alleged foul play. Her cousin said she was fine when he had taken her out for lunch
A day after the mysterious death of a 17-year-old MBBS aspirant, police are yet to call it a case of suicide. Forensic teams visited the hostel where the girl stayed with her friends.
According to police sources, the family members said she was upset with her brother for not gifting her a particular dress on her birthday.
The girl celebrated her 17th birthday with her brothers at the Pacific Mall, West Delhi, on Sunday. Her post-mortem examination was conducted on Monday.
Investigating officers said they asked a close friend of the girl, who was also her roommate, to help with the investigations. But the friend has left the hostel as she is in a state of shock, police said.
Police are noting the statement of other friends.
The family members of the girl alleged foul play in the incident. Ravi, a cousin, said, "Only after 20 to 25 minutes of dropping my sister, we received a call from the hostel. They said she had fallen off the stairs. Later, they changed the statement and said she had fallen from the first floor. Police told us she had fallen from the third floor. There are a lot of contradictions in the theory as narrated by her friends. She was with me while shopping and did not seem upset at all. The allegations that she committed suicide are baseless."
- Trai for 50% hike in base price of CDMA spectrum
- At G20 meet, support builds to adopt ambitious target for global growth
- HC sends RBI notice on plea against recall of banknotes
- CERC reaffirms tariff relief to Tata Mundra, Adani projects
- Another top cop quits, may follow Satypal Singh into BJP
- NCP workers vandalise AAP office, 25 detained
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express