MC Commissioner visits Focal Point, meets industrialists
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
The Chamber of Industrial and Commercial Undertakings (CICU) on Thursday organised an industrial meeting with Municipal Commissioner Rahul Tewari.
He visited Focal Point from Phase I to Phase VIII. He also visited Industrial Area-C and noted the pitiable condition of roads and sewerage. After inspecting road and sewerage system of the Focal Point and Industrial Area -C, he held a meeting with industrialists and office-bearers of all industrial associations of Focal Point and CII.
Tewari said that special attention would be paid to construct and repair the roads and sewerage system. All the industrial parks would be developed by the Municipal Corporation and handed over to the industrial associations for maintenance, he added.
Avtar Singh, acting president, CICU, give a memorandum to Tewari and requested him to take immediate action on the problems of the industry in Focal Point.
Upkar Singh Ahuja, general secretary, CICU, urged the commissioner to develop a parking lot for trolleys and trucks. He also underlined the need for a bus service from different points of the city to Focal Point.
Rahul Ahuja, regional chairman of CII, Punjab chapter, thanked Tewari for visiting Focal Point and Industrial Area-C, and requested him to make an action plan for the development of Focal Point.