MC demolishes temple board, people protest
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
High drama was witnessed late in the evening in New Krishna Mandir area of the city when MC officials demolished a board of the temple. Reportedly, the councillor of the area, Malwinder Singh Makkar, abused Naveen Malhotra, superintendent of anti-encroachment wing of MC, who was heading the drive. Eyewitnesses said that first MC officials demolished tandoors and tables of the makeshift shops and dhabas in the area and later they demolished the board and tent of the temple which led to the protest. The interference by councillor made matters worst when he started abusing Malhotra. Later, Malhotra also called up Mayor Harcharan Singh Goharwalia who directed Malhotra to 'continue with the drive and remove the encroachments as per law'. Till the filing of this report, shopkeepers of the area were sitting on protest against MC officials near Ishmeet Singh Nagar. Malhotra, confirming the incident, said, ''MC will continue the drive against the wrongdoers irrespective of these protests.''