MC demolishes temple board, people protest
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
High drama was witnessed late in the evening in New Krishna Mandir area of the city when MC officials demolished a board of the temple. Reportedly, the councillor of the area, Malwinder Singh Makkar, abused Naveen Malhotra, superintendent of anti-encroachment wing of MC, who was heading the drive. Eyewitnesses said that first MC officials demolished tandoors and tables of the makeshift shops and dhabas in the area and later they demolished the board and tent of the temple which led to the protest. The interference by councillor made matters worst when he started abusing Malhotra. Later, Malhotra also called up Mayor Harcharan Singh Goharwalia who directed Malhotra to 'continue with the drive and remove the encroachments as per law'. Till the filing of this report, shopkeepers of the area were sitting on protest against MC officials near Ishmeet Singh Nagar. Malhotra, confirming the incident, said, ''MC will continue the drive against the wrongdoers irrespective of these protests.''
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today