MC finance panel to meet on Feb 11
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A meeting of the Finance and Contract Committee of the Municipal Corporation will be held on February 11. Apart from the budget of the civic body that will come up for discussion, an agenda pertaining to the Rose Festival and cow sheds being given to NGOs for maintenance will be discussed.
The Rose Festival is scheduled to be held from February 22 to 24. As many as 14 councillors have been appointed observers of committees constituted for different functions. A grant of Rs 20 lakh is being provided by the UT Administration for the festival. A number of events will be held.
Meanwhile, the MC is mooting a proposal to give the existing cow sheds to the NGOs for maintenance. The issue had caused much ruckus in the MC House after some cows had died in one of the cattle sheds. Some NGOs have come forward to take care of the maintenance. F&CC will take a decision on whether the cattle sheds should be given to the NGOs.