MC holds competitions, cultural shows on Children’s Day
- Why didn't Pak raise Kashmir at Ufa: Rajnath on cancellation of NSA talks
- Still No.1: Usain Bolt claws back, just in time
- Narendra Modi not a liar but Rahul is, says Smriti Irani in Amethi
- OROP demand: Union Minister VK Singh's daughter joins protest at Jantar Mantar
- What is Modi trying to achieve? Kejriwal on AAP MLA's arrest
The Municipal Corporation organised Children's Day celebrations at Nehru Park, Sector 22 where a number of events for the children were held. A venue decorated with colourful balloons welcomed the visitors. A cultural programme was also organized on the occasion.
Competitions like clay modeling, quiz and fancy dress were held for children of different age groups. A cash prize of Rs 3100 was given to the winners in each category, Rs 2100 to the first runners up and Rs 1100 to the second runners up.
Mayor Raj Bala Malik inaugurated the celebrations. Speaking on the occasion she said that children should not think about the prizes but they should focus their minds on the competition. She also said that the knowledge of education without moral values is not complete. Chairman, Chandigarh Housing Board, Satya Gopal was the chief guest for the closing. He gave away prizes to the winners.
While addressing the children, Municipal Commissioner V P Singh said that Children's Day was celebrated on Pandit Nehru's birthday as a day of fun and frolic, a celebration of childhood, children and Nehru's love for them. Area councillor Pardeep Chhabra said that children are the real strength of a country and the very foundation of society.