MC holds competitions, cultural shows on Children’s Day
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The Municipal Corporation organised Children's Day celebrations at Nehru Park, Sector 22 where a number of events for the children were held. A venue decorated with colourful balloons welcomed the visitors. A cultural programme was also organized on the occasion.
Competitions like clay modeling, quiz and fancy dress were held for children of different age groups. A cash prize of Rs 3100 was given to the winners in each category, Rs 2100 to the first runners up and Rs 1100 to the second runners up.
Mayor Raj Bala Malik inaugurated the celebrations. Speaking on the occasion she said that children should not think about the prizes but they should focus their minds on the competition. She also said that the knowledge of education without moral values is not complete. Chairman, Chandigarh Housing Board, Satya Gopal was the chief guest for the closing. He gave away prizes to the winners.
While addressing the children, Municipal Commissioner V P Singh said that Children's Day was celebrated on Pandit Nehru's birthday as a day of fun and frolic, a celebration of childhood, children and Nehru's love for them. Area councillor Pardeep Chhabra said that children are the real strength of a country and the very foundation of society.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words