MC to auction automated parking lots
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Following the new guidelines, the Municipal Corporation would be auctioning parking lots in the city. The new guidelines entails contractors to make parking lots automated and semi automated.
As per the decision taken by the Finance and Contract Committee in a meeting held recently, the Municipal Corporation will instal fully automatic access system for the parking lot at Sahib Singh parking lot in Sector 17. The remaining parking lots in Sector 17, 22 and 35 will have semi automatic access system. The auction of some parking lots that was to be held this month would now be held once the framework for the project is finalised.
The officials of the civic body had prepared a report about the automation of parking lots that was discussed in the meeting. For the fully automated parking lots, the cost would be around Rs 10 lakh and no manpower would be needed. While for the semi automatic parking lots, Rs 3 lakh would be spent.
The councillors earlier this year asked the officials to prepare a report to streamline chaotic parking situation in the city.
Problems like haphazardly parked vehicles, lack of attendants and guidelines not being followed by the residents. It is often seen that two-wheelers and four-wheelers are not parked in the spaces earmarked for them. More number of vehicles than the allotted space are parked in these lots. It was felt that the system could be streamlined if parking lots were automated.
The system would ensure that the number of vehicles entering the parking lots are streamlined. The number of attendants required would also be reduced. At present, parking lots are in such a chaotic state that in case of any emergency, no fire tenders can enter these markets.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today