MC to float tenders for high-power machines to clean roads
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Ludhiana Municipal Corporation Commissioner R K Verma will soon float tenders for high power-suction machines to clean roads of Ludhiana. The tenders would be issued at an international level, an MC official said.
"Ludhiana MC will be the first in Punjab to float global tenders for machines to clean roads," said Amarjeet Singh Sekhon, Joint Commissioner of the MC.
He added that the Punjab Infrastructure Development Board (PIDB) was preparing the tenders that will be floated within a week. The process will take not more than 45 days to complete.
However, it is worth mentioning that the MC had procured four mechanical sweeping machines nearly 10 years ago that are lying defunct and are irreparable.