MC to float tenders for high-power machines to clean roads
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Ludhiana Municipal Corporation Commissioner R K Verma will soon float tenders for high power-suction machines to clean roads of Ludhiana. The tenders would be issued at an international level, an MC official said.
"Ludhiana MC will be the first in Punjab to float global tenders for machines to clean roads," said Amarjeet Singh Sekhon, Joint Commissioner of the MC.
He added that the Punjab Infrastructure Development Board (PIDB) was preparing the tenders that will be floated within a week. The process will take not more than 45 days to complete.
However, it is worth mentioning that the MC had procured four mechanical sweeping machines nearly 10 years ago that are lying defunct and are irreparable.