McAfee dons disguises, blogs about his life on the run
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Anti-virus software company founder John McAfee says he's hiding in plain sight, wearing a disguise as he watches police and reporters stake out his home — and blogging about it all.
In the latest twist in the highly-publicised case, McAfee has started his own blog, in which he describes life on the lam after police in Belize called him a "person of interest'' in the slaying of fellow American Gregory Viant Faull and asked him to turn himself in for questioning.
In his blog this week, McAfee claimed to have disguised himself as a grungy street peddler and a foul-mouthed German tourist, and claimed he approached a reporter outside his staked-out home on the Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye.
Announcing his blog — "Who is McAfee? The official blog of John McAfee'' on Saturday, he said: "Anyone who would like to read the blog and check out the references, will understand my reluctance to turn myself in,'' he said, referring to his distrust of the Belizean government and particularly its Gang Suppression Unit, a quasi-military police squad. McAfee also described life on the run as "very fearful'' and said it has "not been comfortable.''
But in a blog post Monday, he described it in almost fanciful terms, describing how he donned a far-fetched disguise and watched as police searched his house and reporters gathered.
"I darkened the skin of my face, neck and hands carefully with shoe polish and put on an LA Saints baseball cap with the brim facing backward and tufts of the front of my hair sticking out unkempt through the band,'' the blog read.
"I stuffed my cheeks with chewed bubble gum stuck to the outside of my upper and lower molars — making my face appear much fatter. I darkened and browned my front teeth,'' he wrote. "I wore an old, ragged long sleeve shirt. I donned an old Guatemalan style serape and toted a bag containing a variety of Guatemalan woven goods.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar