Mcleod Russel Q3 net profit up by over 5 per cent
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
McLeod Russel Ltd (MCLR), the world's biggest tea grower, today posted a little over five per cent rise in net profit at Rs 123.15 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Its net profit stood Rs 117.11 crore in the corresponding period last year, the company said in a filing to the BSE. Total income rose to Rs 448.13 crore during the third quarter of the current fiscal from Rs 404.75 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous fiscal.
The company's net profit grew marginally as expenses remained higher at Rs 319.79 crore during the review period.
MCLR produces approximately 100 million kg of high quality tea a year from tea estates in Assam, West Bengal, Vietnam, Uganda and Rwanda. The company exports tea to Europe, the Middle East and North America.