Me and slapstick humor? Not sure: Chitrangda Singh
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
There is a certain image that one carries of Chitrangda Singh once her name pops up. After all, none of her three films so far, 'Sorry Bhai', 'Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow' and 'Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi', fell into a mainstream bracket. 'Sorry Bhai' came closest to being so but its release over the weekend of Mumbai terror attack proved disastrous for its box office fortunes. The film failed and now it would be a while before Chitrangda is seen on the big screen again. In PNC produced 'Aur Devdas', she yet again gets serious with her own take on 'Chandramukhi' while enacting the character of a socialite.
"But it's not that I am stuck up on doing any particular kind of roles", protests Chitrangda when questioned if she would forever be doing cinema belonging to this genre.
That seems to be the case though, considering her choice of films over a period of time. With the kind of glam quotient she comes with, doesn't she wish to expand her horizon? Doesn't she wish to chill out for a change and do a film where she can just let herself go free without any limitations of coming up with yet another 'intense/award worthy/deep rooted' performance?
"You are making it all sound much more serious than it is", laughs Chitrangda, "I am not averse to being a part of commercial fun cinema. In fact, I love Priyadarshan's films. They come with great situational humor and are so funny. Give me a film coming from his stable and I will be glad to be a part of it."
Talking of fun, hypothetically speaking if she has Rohit Shetty approaching her for 'Golmaal 3', would she be willing to be a part of it? After all the 'Golmaal' series too is a lot funny, has great commercial ingredients and promise assured box office returns!
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties