Me and slapstick humor? Not sure: Chitrangda Singh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
There is a certain image that one carries of Chitrangda Singh once her name pops up. After all, none of her three films so far, 'Sorry Bhai', 'Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow' and 'Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi', fell into a mainstream bracket. 'Sorry Bhai' came closest to being so but its release over the weekend of Mumbai terror attack proved disastrous for its box office fortunes. The film failed and now it would be a while before Chitrangda is seen on the big screen again. In PNC produced 'Aur Devdas', she yet again gets serious with her own take on 'Chandramukhi' while enacting the character of a socialite.
"But it's not that I am stuck up on doing any particular kind of roles", protests Chitrangda when questioned if she would forever be doing cinema belonging to this genre.
That seems to be the case though, considering her choice of films over a period of time. With the kind of glam quotient she comes with, doesn't she wish to expand her horizon? Doesn't she wish to chill out for a change and do a film where she can just let herself go free without any limitations of coming up with yet another 'intense/award worthy/deep rooted' performance?
"You are making it all sound much more serious than it is", laughs Chitrangda, "I am not averse to being a part of commercial fun cinema. In fact, I love Priyadarshan's films. They come with great situational humor and are so funny. Give me a film coming from his stable and I will be glad to be a part of it."
Talking of fun, hypothetically speaking if she has Rohit Shetty approaching her for 'Golmaal 3', would she be willing to be a part of it? After all the 'Golmaal' series too is a lot funny, has great commercial ingredients and promise assured box office returns!
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase