Me and slapstick humor? Not sure: Chitrangda Singh
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
There is a certain image that one carries of Chitrangda Singh once her name pops up. After all, none of her three films so far, 'Sorry Bhai', 'Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow' and 'Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi', fell into a mainstream bracket. 'Sorry Bhai' came closest to being so but its release over the weekend of Mumbai terror attack proved disastrous for its box office fortunes. The film failed and now it would be a while before Chitrangda is seen on the big screen again. In PNC produced 'Aur Devdas', she yet again gets serious with her own take on 'Chandramukhi' while enacting the character of a socialite.
"But it's not that I am stuck up on doing any particular kind of roles", protests Chitrangda when questioned if she would forever be doing cinema belonging to this genre.
That seems to be the case though, considering her choice of films over a period of time. With the kind of glam quotient she comes with, doesn't she wish to expand her horizon? Doesn't she wish to chill out for a change and do a film where she can just let herself go free without any limitations of coming up with yet another 'intense/award worthy/deep rooted' performance?
"You are making it all sound much more serious than it is", laughs Chitrangda, "I am not averse to being a part of commercial fun cinema. In fact, I love Priyadarshan's films. They come with great situational humor and are so funny. Give me a film coming from his stable and I will be glad to be a part of it."
Talking of fun, hypothetically speaking if she has Rohit Shetty approaching her for 'Golmaal 3', would she be willing to be a part of it? After all the 'Golmaal' series too is a lot funny, has great commercial ingredients and promise assured box office returns!
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya