Meanwhile, Buddha heaps praise on PM
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Facing heat on the 2G spectrum scam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh received support from an unexpected quarters: Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"The Prime Minister is honest, no doubt. He is a man of integrity. But there is something wrong in the system," Bhattacharjee said on the sidelines of a programme on Friday.
The system, he said, was being manipulated by unscrupulous politicians, corporates, lobbyists and mediapersons.
The two leaders are said to have mutual admiration for each other above their party lines, which has been evident on several occasions.
The chief minister said he was also trying to have a consensus on industry, despite the main opposition party "opposing anything and everything".
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today