Meanwhile: UP police chief seeks death penalty for rape & murder
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
UP police chief seeks death penalty for rape & murder
LUCKNOW: Uttar Pradesh DGP Ambrish Chandra Sharma Friday sought death penalty in cases of murder after rape. "I have written a letter to the state government asking it to take up the matter with Centre to ensure provisions of death penalty in cases of murder after rape," Sharma said. He also said eve-teasers or sexual harassment accused must be imprisoned immediately.
Lawyers body won't defend accused in women crimes
KENDRAPARA: Setting a precedent of sorts, lawyers' body in Orissa's Kendrapara has made up its mind to stay away from defending people facing trial in cases like rape, molestation and eve-teasing. While the move has evoked appreciative gesture from various spheres, legitimacy of the decision has come under sharp debate with legal fraternity raising question.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today