- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Punjab to launch 'night police'
CHANDIGARH: Punjab is all set to launch a dedicated police force that will only patrol during the night. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal announced the constitution of the separate force for night duty on Wednesday. Addressing the media after inducting Congress MLA Joginder Pal Jain into the Akali Dal here, Sukhbir said Punjab will be the first state in the country to have such a force.
Bhubaneswar police forms special teams
BHUBANESWAR: With rise in crimes against women here, the Commissionerate Police formed 21 special teams to curb eve-teasing at public places. Each special team, comprising a woman police and two male cops, would be deployed at crowded places.
Rapists should be stoned: Azam Khan
MAINPURI (UP): Prominent SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan has demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public as per Islamic law. He said that capital punishment was too less for such a heinous crime. Advocating Sangsar, punishment by stoning, the UP Cabinet Minister made the comments in context of the Delhi gangrape case.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today