Medal glut continues for Deccan Gymkhana
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Deccan Gymkhana came away from day two of the Annual Aquatic Gala, held at Tilak Tank, with a number of medals.
In the 50m men's breast stroke, Uday Uttekar won gold with Yash Pandit and Shwejal Mankar finishing second and third. In the women's event, Mrugali Ganbote came first with Shalamali Saraswate and Yuga Birnale securing second and third places, respectively. In the 50m breast stroke u-17 boys' event, Yash Pandit finished first followed by Viraj Dhokale and Yash Pawale.
In the u-15 category, Shwejal Mankar was first, followed by Venkatesh Muller and Adwait Purandare. In the girls u-15 category, Samruddhi Dhanawde won gold followed by Saloni Kade and Khusnaz Soni.
The 50m men's 40-60 category saw Mahesh Rajwade win gold, Kaustubh Mudgal silver and Sandeep Jagdale bronze. In the 100m men's butterfly event, Yash Pandit won gold with Sagar Kamble and Yash Pawale taking silver and bronze. In the corresponding event for women, the winner was Ananya Panigrahi, followed by Yuga Birnale and Shalmali Saraswate.