Media exaggerating IAS officer’s deeds, claims father-in-law
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
It is unfortunate that the bureaucratic arrogance of IAS officer Raju Narayanaswamy is exaggerated by the media and his deeds are being magnified beyond proportion, said A Venkatakrishnan, father of Raju Narayanaswamy's former wife.
"The media keeps on glorifying Raju as an officer who even brought to book his contractor father-in-law when he blocked a public road. Those reports are completely baseless," he said. "First of all, I am an electrical engineer and not a contractor. Secondly, I didn't block any public road. Instead, it was my compound wall that was illegally demolished," he said.
"A group of people demolished parts of a wall around my property near Old Boat Jetty canal in Kottayam so that they could have easy access to Karapuzha Link Road," he said. "Anticipating the demolition and encroachment, I had filed a petition in the Munsiff Court in 1993 seeking protection to my property. When the case was pending in the court, the wall was partially demolished. The court ordered to maintain the status quo and with police protection, the wall was reconstructed in February 1993. It was Raju who helped us in getting police protection for the reconstruction," he said.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean