Media 'misinterpreted' Rajoana's letter, claims his sister
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
The sister of Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh,said that the letter recently written by him was allegedly "misinterpreted" by the media.
Rajoana's sister Kamaldeep Kaur said in a statement here today that the death convict did not mentioned in the letter that he can be "hanged" any time.
"With this letter, I want to make my position clear once again that I am not ready to bow before the Congress. Neither I earlier pleaded for mercy nor will I do it in future. They can test my determination at any time," the letter, which he had written on February 16 from Patiala central jail, stated. Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others.
They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil]secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to deathin 2006.Rajoana's hanging was scheduled to take place on March31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal His mercy petition is pending with the President.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today