Media 'misinterpreted' Rajoana's letter, claims his sister
- Maoist chief admits to loss of leaders, weakening base, asks cadres to open fronts
- GoMs, in ‘informal’ avatar
- Congress seizes land in bid to reclaim lost turf, rally today
- All but official: It's Yechury vs Pillai in rare race for CPM top job
- AMU, IIT alumni’s website for Muslims hunting homes gets 1 lakh visitors
The sister of Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh,said that the letter recently written by him was allegedly "misinterpreted" by the media.
Rajoana's sister Kamaldeep Kaur said in a statement here today that the death convict did not mentioned in the letter that he can be "hanged" any time.
"With this letter, I want to make my position clear once again that I am not ready to bow before the Congress. Neither I earlier pleaded for mercy nor will I do it in future. They can test my determination at any time," the letter, which he had written on February 16 from Patiala central jail, stated. Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others.
They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil]secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to deathin 2006.Rajoana's hanging was scheduled to take place on March31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal His mercy petition is pending with the President.