Medical council president arrested on bribery charges
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
CBI has arrested President of Medical Council of India Ketan Desai and two others for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs two crore to grant recognition to a medical college in Punjab.
Desai was arrested late last night after the CBI conducted searches at his office here following information that he along with his associate Jitender Pal Singh was allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs two crore to recognise a college in Punjab, CBI spokesperson Harsh Bahal said today.
Bahal said that Desai along with Singh and another associate Dr Kanwaljit Singh of Gyan Sagar Medical College in Punjab have been arrested by CBI on corruption charges.
The spokesperson said that the three were being interrogated and searches were going on at six other places in Delhi and outside.
The CBI laid a trap after receiving a complaint and caught Singh allegedly with Rs 2 crore which was to be delivered to Desai.
The agency also conducted raids in Punjab, Delhi and Gujarat to trace Desai's other associates.