Medical officers must in all schools: DoE order
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
The Directorate of Education, Delhi has issued a circular directing all recognised schools in Delhi to appoint a medical officer and an assistant — a compounder or a dispenser — on part-time or full-time basis "as may be necessary".
Director Education Amit Singla said under Rule 38 of the Delhi School Education Rules there is a provision for appointing a medical officer "on such part-time or whole-time basis as may be necessary for looking after the health of the children of the school."
Rule 38 states that for girls' schools only woman doctors, compounders or nurses be appointed and in co-educational schools, "not less than one lady doctor or female nurse shall be appointed".
The circular quotes an order issued by the Delhi High Court on August 8, 2012, stating, Rule 38 provides for the schools to have a medical officer and the Medical Crisis Management Committee has also emphasised on this. "Appropriate steps would be for the schools to have such medical practitioners along with paramedic in terms of the Rules," the court order had said. The court had given six months for implementing the order.
The Directorate has given schools a month to comply with the order. "Non-compliance will be taken very seriously and just a fine will not suffice," Singla said. He said the move is meant to ensure that schools are ready to deal with any sort of "medical emergencies".
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya