Medical student who ended life mostly kept to herself: Police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A day after Divya Machhiraju (26), a post graduate medical student at the Jaslok Hospital, allegedly committed suicide by taking an overdose of anaesthetics in her hostel room, the cause behind her taking this step still remains unknown.
Police said her classmates told them that Divya always kept to herself. Her parents are yet to give a statement to the police.
"Postmortem reports have, for not yet revealed the cause of death as chemical analysis of the viscera is pending. Foul play has been ruled out. We recorded statements from several of her hostel friends Saturday. They said Divya mostly focussed on her studies and hardly interacted with anyone. As of now, it is difficult to say what led to her suicide," said senior police inspector Rajaram Prabhu, Gamdevi police station.
Police are yet to retrieve Divya's Call Data Records, which may help them gain a lead to the case. Rajaram said no suicide note was recovered. Her parents, who live in Hyderabad and are likely arrive in Mumbai late on Saturday, are expected to give a statement to the police by Monday, he added.