Medical student who ended life mostly kept to herself: Police
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
A day after Divya Machhiraju (26), a post graduate medical student at the Jaslok Hospital, allegedly committed suicide by taking an overdose of anaesthetics in her hostel room, the cause behind her taking this step still remains unknown.
Police said her classmates told them that Divya always kept to herself. Her parents are yet to give a statement to the police.
"Postmortem reports have, for not yet revealed the cause of death as chemical analysis of the viscera is pending. Foul play has been ruled out. We recorded statements from several of her hostel friends Saturday. They said Divya mostly focussed on her studies and hardly interacted with anyone. As of now, it is difficult to say what led to her suicide," said senior police inspector Rajaram Prabhu, Gamdevi police station.
Police are yet to retrieve Divya's Call Data Records, which may help them gain a lead to the case. Rajaram said no suicide note was recovered. Her parents, who live in Hyderabad and are likely arrive in Mumbai late on Saturday, are expected to give a statement to the police by Monday, he added.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit