Meerut varsity to introduce ‘right to recall’ in student union poll
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, has decided to introduce the much-debated provision of "right to recall" in its upcoming students' union elections. The university administration has added the provision of right to recall of elected representatives in the constitution of the student union.
As per the provision, a motion of "no confidence" may be moved and passed against any office-bearer of the students' union for violation of constitutional provisions, neglect of duties or for unbecoming conduct during the session.
In the procedure of the right to recall, a motion of "no confidence" against the office-bearers of the union individually or collectively, shall be moved in the general body - which will be the supreme body of the university's student union. The members of the general body include students enrolled in different faculties in the university. The motion should be passed in the general body by two-thirds majority of the members present.
The motion passed by the union shall be ratified by majority of the members in the general body meeting. One-fourth of the members shall form the quorum for such a meeting of the general body.
In case an office-bearer is removed from the union post by "right to recall", the university will conduct a fresh election within 15 days of passing of the motion.
The student union elections are scheduled on October 17 for five posts including the president, vice-president, general secretary, joint secretary and treasurer. Candidates can file their nomination papers on October 10. Authorities said that nomination papers will also be available on the university's website.
University vice-chancellor V C Goel said, "Right to recall will give the students opportunity to elect another representative if an existing student union office-bearer violates constitutional provisions and neglects duties."
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
- AAP’s existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- HC breather for widow, stay on sessions court order to act against her for filing ‘false complaint’
- Explain stand to DCP: HC to TISS students
- Cops record statements of two priests whom Sanap ‘consulted after crime’
- Atletico end Italian hopes