Meerut varsity to introduce ‘right to recall’ in student union poll
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, has decided to introduce the much-debated provision of "right to recall" in its upcoming students' union elections. The university administration has added the provision of right to recall of elected representatives in the constitution of the student union.
As per the provision, a motion of "no confidence" may be moved and passed against any office-bearer of the students' union for violation of constitutional provisions, neglect of duties or for unbecoming conduct during the session.
In the procedure of the right to recall, a motion of "no confidence" against the office-bearers of the union individually or collectively, shall be moved in the general body - which will be the supreme body of the university's student union. The members of the general body include students enrolled in different faculties in the university. The motion should be passed in the general body by two-thirds majority of the members present.
The motion passed by the union shall be ratified by majority of the members in the general body meeting. One-fourth of the members shall form the quorum for such a meeting of the general body.
In case an office-bearer is removed from the union post by "right to recall", the university will conduct a fresh election within 15 days of passing of the motion.
The student union elections are scheduled on October 17 for five posts including the president, vice-president, general secretary, joint secretary and treasurer. Candidates can file their nomination papers on October 10. Authorities said that nomination papers will also be available on the university's website.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2