Meet the 3-time Olympian who is leading double life as prostitute
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
"Coming around that corner the anxiety gripped me so bad,'' she said. "It told my brain, Just fall. That's the easiest solution. Just fall, and this all will go away. 'That was the only way out.'''
In an interview with The Smoking Gun about her double life, Favor Hamilton said that as a world-class runner she started to believe she was invincible and brought up Tiger Woods, saying, "I mean, he's the biggest athlete ever. He obviously thought he could never get caught.''
Though Woods and Favor Hamilton experienced far different levels of success and fame, Teitelbaum, the psychologist, said their experiences aren't so far removed.
"There's the sense of entitlement, grandiosity, the idea you can do whatever you want without worrying about consequences,'' he said.
"She needed to have some way to express some other side of herself that didn't feel as clean or wonderful or upstanding as she appeared to be.'' While living the secret life, though, Favor Hamilton couldn't fight the temptation to tell some of her clients who she really was.
She believes one of those clients eventually "outed'' her – and now her alias is no longer a secret.
"Doing something like that adds to the sense of the drama,'' Teitelbaum said.
"And there's always a self-destructive component. Whether it's based on shame or guilt, it seems like, ultimately, these people find a way to self-destruct.''
- Patient’s death sparks protests, LNJP ward vandalised
- Under EC watch, money spent on campaigns on social media
- Woman used lipstick to write suicide note on wall: Police
- Unilever buys majority share in China water business
- Sisters married to a Nitish aide, one a JD(U) MLA, one an RJD nominee
- AAP men spar with Kejriwal, question LS tickets to Ashutosh, Rajmohan