Meet the Chinese businessman who gave daughter '£100 mln dowry'
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
A wealthy Chinese business tycoon has bestowed over a billion Yuan as dowry for his daughter's marriage.
Wu Duanbiao, chairman of ceramics firm Fujian Wanli Group, gave his daughter a gigantic 100 million pounds dowry that included four boxes of gold jewellery.
The wedding took place in Cizao town, Jinjiang county, in eastern China''s Fujian province.
Pictures of the wedding were posted on the Internet on Sunday, showed the dowry also included a bankbook with deposits worth 20 million Yuan and Wanli stock worth 5 million Yuan, the South China Morning Post reports.
It also included numerous property assets including a retail store in Quanzhou, and real estate such as the Olympic villas and the Wanda mansion.
The internet post, labelled "eight day open-air banquet", claimed that the wedding banquet that began on December 28 would last eight days to entertain public guests.
Wu also gave donations worth 15 million Yuan to two local charity organisations.
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya