Mega block Sunday on central, harbour, trans harbour lines
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Central Railway (CR) will operate a mega block Sunday to carry out maintenance work. During the block period, Down fast line services leaving CST from 10.44 am to 2.51 pm will be diverted on the down slow line between Matunga and Mulund stations and will halt at all stations between Sion and Mulund.
Up harbour line services leaving Panvel from 10.43 am to 2.58 pm and down harbour line services to Panvel leaving Nerul from 10.41 am to 3.17 pm will remain suspended between Panvel and Nerul stations.
On the trans harbour line, Panvel-Thane up services leaving Panvel from 11.05 am to 3.19 pm and Thane-Panvel down services leaving Nerul from 11.42 am to 2.48 pm will also remain suspended between Panvel and Nerul stations. There will be no Panvel-Andheri service.
However, special locals will run on the CST-Nerul and Thane-Nerul sections. CR said due to the blocks, all locals will run about 15 minutes behind schedule.
Western Railway (WR) will operate a six-and-a-half-hour block from 11.55 pm Saturday between Vasai Road and Bhayandar stations to facilitate construction of a subway at Naigaon station. Two night suburban services will be cancelled as a result. Train 1043 will be extended up to Virar during the block period. Some mail/express/passenger and suburban trains may be delayed by 10-15 minutes.