Mehsana tops in school education, Vadodara at bottom: Report
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
With the recent release of the third annual education evaluation report "Gunotsav" by the state Education Department of government schools, Chief Minister Narendra Modi's home district Mehsana tops in both the district and taluka level categories in a statewide ranking on a scale of 10. Attendance of students in schools had marginally improved with 84.58 per cent as compared to 84.50 per cent previous year.
Vadodara has been evaluated as the worst performer with maximum number of schools as well as teachers with the lowest grade. On the subjects front, while there has been a marginal drop in Mathematics, English has emerged as the Achilles' heel with worst grade of 5.28.
Both the evaluations - self and external - were conducted in the year 2011. However, the release of the Gunotsav report that pertains to academic year 2010-11 was stalled and delayed due to the Assembly elections.
Though the rankings have been introduced for the first time, the reason cited by the department for this was self realisation of individual as well as school-level ranks that would lead to improvements. As many as 14,23,657 students (Classes III-VIII) in 8,646 government schools were covered under external evaluation while 53,55,555 students in 33,967 government schools were covered under self evaluation.
Different parameters are graded from A to E and score card of 1 to 10. Scoring 7.12 on a scale of 10 under district category and 8.06 (Satlasana) and 8.05 (Vijapur) under taluka, Mehsana has been rated as best in both the categories.
Not only the top five district and top seven taluka rankings but also for the first time, details of teachers, who are best and worst performers in the state as per their scores and grades, have also been made public. Maximum number of 13 schools and 71 teachers in Vadodara district had scored grade E. Out of these, maximum of both teachers and schools can be spotted in Chhota Udaipur area.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit