Members of parliamentary standing committee visit PGI
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: FIR lodged against Ajit Pawar for threatening villagers to vote for Sule
About seven to eight members of the parliamentary standing committee on Health and Family Welfare visited the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Saturday morning.
The department-related parliamentary standing committee, under the chairmanship of Brajesh Pathak, MP, went on a study-visit to Chandigarh. The members reached the hospital at around 11 am from Kasauli, where they were on a study tour.
Earlier, it was planned that 29 members would visit, but only 7-8 turned up to check the functioning of the tour. The purpose of the visit was to check the functioning of the institution and also to assess the development needs of the institutions.
It was a pre-planned trip and the security arrangements were very tight.