Sonam Kapoor: I won't date anyone from the industry
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor says men in her family, including her father Anil Kapoor, do not believe in marriage and are completely against it.
"My father doesn't believe in marriage, he thinks that it's a very old-fashioned concept. The men in my family are completely against marriage. So whoever has to marry me has to go through like six brothers and a father," she told reporters here at the cover-launch a magazine, in which she is featured with actor Imran Khan.
Her reaction comes in the wake of recent reports that Anil Kapoor's younger daughter Rhea was set to tie the knot her boyfriend Karan Boolani next month.
However, dismissing the reports, Sonam said her sister was still a "baby" and was not getting married any time soon. "In one month, she (Rhea) is starting another film and Karan is actually directing it, so I think people got confused between making a film and getting married. Fortunately for me my sister is not getting married, because I like her in the house," she said.
According to Sonam, Rhea will not marry for the next 5-6 years, as she is younger than her.
Sonam also clarifies she won't date anyone from the industry. "I don't like the idea of involving work and pleasure," she adds. There were rumours of Sonam dating director Punit Malhotra.
Even though Sonam is looked upon as a fashionista, in her upcoming film she won't be showing her glamorous side.
"There won't be any fashionable side (in Yash Raj film's next), because I am not going to play Sonam Kapoor onscreen. I am going to wear western clothes though. You are going to see me in modern clothes. I will be playing a banker so I will be seen in tailored clothes, jackets and shirts," she added.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy