Men in skirts pledge to support women
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi