Men in skirts pledge to support women
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
"Though we received a response from over 500 men across the country, in reality over 25 men actually turned up in skirts, which I think is also a big thing as it takes a lot for a man to dress like a woman".