Men in skirts pledge to support women
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress