Men in skirts pledge to support women
- Powerful bomb rips through bus in Peshawar in Pakistan, 16 killed
- India acts on Pakistan NSA’s tip-off, kills 3 terrorists: Home official
- Kolkata: Two Jamat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh members arrested
- BJP is 'most anti-national of all', tweets Arvind Kejriwal
- The 11 Trinamool Congress leaders caught on video allegedly accepting bribes
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
- Why criticism of the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana is misplaced and unwarranted
- Dear Governor Solanki, please withhold your assent to the Punjab SYL bill
- To optimise the potential for medical tourism, stop formulating and implementing policies in silos
- Why riots, agitations are often accompanied by heightened levels of violence against women
- Telescope: On Women’s Day only
- Punjab has a small share of its own rivers, a farming crisis. Solution doesn’t lie in court