Men in skirts pledge to support women
- Gujarat ATS foil 'lone wolf' attacks, arrest two persons on suspicion of links to Islamic State
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges everyone to promote BHIM app
- Kansas shooting: Srinivas Kuchibhotla's body to reach Hyderabad today
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS clutches recounts traumatic experience as prisoner in Libya
- In last lap, EC dismay at ‘inflammatory’ talk, tells parties to not raise religion, caste
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
- Across the aisle: From university to mediocrity
- Fifth column: The cost of casteism
- Out of my mind: Trump tornado
- Inside Track: Treading cautiously
- RBI’s obstinate refusal to cut policy rates is not based on economic logic
- As a Communist student activist, I was never attacked by ABVP members; that was another era