Men in skirts pledge to support women
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park here, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita told PTI.
"Though we received a response from over 500 men across the country, in reality over 25 men actually turned up in skirts, which I think is also a big thing as it takes a lot for a man to dress like a woman".
- Chance discovery of a photograph led to the arrest of two policemen, two others in murder case
- Death sentence: Man used company’s car to kidnap teen, it led to arrest of all three
- Kievan halves
- Khurshid likely to meet Pakistani counterpart today
- Tenants murdered landlady, daughter to claim ownership of house: Police
- Common causes