Men on bike on snatching spree
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
Four cases of gold chains being snatched away by two men on a bike — it was not confirmed whether the men were the same or from the same gang — have been reported in the city in two days, and in three of the cases the victims were senior citizens. All the four women were approached by two men riding a bike. Two cases were reported on Wednesday and two on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, around 9.45 am, 68-year-old Shakuntala Vasudev Sadare was picking flowers near her residence in Santosh Nagar, Vishrantwadi, when two men arrived on a motorcycle and asked her for directions to reach an address. All of a sudden, one of them reached out and snatched her gold chain worth Rs 17,000 from her neck and the duo fled, states Sadare's complaint lodged with Vishrantwadi police.
In another incident, 66-year-old Malan Khandu Londhe was walking to a bank, around 10.30 am at Sopan Nagar in Wadgaon Sheri, when two men on a motorcycle snatched her gold chain worth Rs 46,000 from her. Londhe lodged the complaint at Yerawada police station. Police said Londhe, a resident of Prasad Residency in Wadgaon Sheri, was on her way to the bank to withdraw her pension when she was robbed.