'Men think eating meat makes them more manly'
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
They gave hundreds of young men and women descriptions of fictional students varying only according to diet, and asked them to rate aspects of their personalities.
The study showed that men who do not eat meat were also viewed as less masculine than the others – even by vegetarians.