Mentally challenged minor girl raped by kin for 6 months
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
A 14-year-old mentally challenged girl was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law for over six months in Durga slum area near Kota, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the girl's neighbours caught the 45-year-old accused red-handed and handed him over to police, Jawahar Nagar police station SHO Bhanwar Singh said.
The accused, Dev Kumar Mandal (45), used to visit the girl's house regularly and rape her whenever he would find her alone.
Most of the time the victim was alone at home as her mother, who is also mentally challenged, was at her paternal home in West Bengal while father, a labourer was away on work.
The teenage victim said in her statement to the police that the accused had threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints