Mentally challenged minor girl raped by kin for 6 months
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
A 14-year-old mentally challenged girl was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law for over six months in Durga slum area near Kota, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the girl's neighbours caught the 45-year-old accused red-handed and handed him over to police, Jawahar Nagar police station SHO Bhanwar Singh said.
The accused, Dev Kumar Mandal (45), used to visit the girl's house regularly and rape her whenever he would find her alone.
Most of the time the victim was alone at home as her mother, who is also mentally challenged, was at her paternal home in West Bengal while father, a labourer was away on work.
The teenage victim said in her statement to the police that the accused had threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.