Mentally challenged minor girl raped by kin for 6 months
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
A 14-year-old mentally challenged girl was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law for over six months in Durga slum area near Kota, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the girl's neighbours caught the 45-year-old accused red-handed and handed him over to police, Jawahar Nagar police station SHO Bhanwar Singh said.
The accused, Dev Kumar Mandal (45), used to visit the girl's house regularly and rape her whenever he would find her alone.
Most of the time the victim was alone at home as her mother, who is also mentally challenged, was at her paternal home in West Bengal while father, a labourer was away on work.
The teenage victim said in her statement to the police that the accused had threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.