Mentally challenged woman delivers baby
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
An unidentified mentally challenged woman has delivered a baby boy in the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital. She was reportedly rescued by 108 emergency van and brought to the hospital on Thursday. Hospital sources said the woman was not reponding to queries by hospital authorities. With no information about her husband or family, hospital authorities have posted four wardens to look after her,
especially since she tried running out of the hospital building with her baby. The authorities said they fear for her baby. The woman has been provided with clothes. A hospital official said the woman would be kept at the hospital for a week or 10 days after which she may be sent to a Women Welfare Association.