Mentally challenged woman raped by ward boy, guard in Pune hospital
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
In a shocking incident, a mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by a ward boy and a security guard in the lift of a municipal hospital at Bhosari near here, police said on Monday. Both the accused have been arrested.
The 30-year-old woman, who is also speech impaired, had been admitted to the hospital from a shelter home where she lived, following health complaints on August 26.
The accused allegedly took the woman to the lift on the pretext of shifting her to another ward and raped her on August 29, police said.
After being discharged from the hospital on August 31, the woman returned to the shelter home where she informed about the crime to the caretaker through sign language.
Following this, a case was filed leading to the arrests, police added.