Mentally challenged woman raped by ward boy, guard in Pune hospital
In a shocking incident, a mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by a ward boy and a security guard in the lift of a municipal hospital at Bhosari near here, police said on Monday. Both the accused have been arrested.
The 30-year-old woman, who is also speech impaired, had been admitted to the hospital from a shelter home where she lived, following health complaints on August 26.
The accused allegedly took the woman to the lift on the pretext of shifting her to another ward and raped her on August 29, police said.
After being discharged from the hospital on August 31, the woman returned to the shelter home where she informed about the crime to the caretaker through sign language.
Following this, a case was filed leading to the arrests, police added.
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death