Mentally challenged woman raped by ward boy, guard in Pune hospital
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
In a shocking incident, a mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by a ward boy and a security guard in the lift of a municipal hospital at Bhosari near here, police said on Monday. Both the accused have been arrested.
The 30-year-old woman, who is also speech impaired, had been admitted to the hospital from a shelter home where she lived, following health complaints on August 26.
The accused allegedly took the woman to the lift on the pretext of shifting her to another ward and raped her on August 29, police said.
After being discharged from the hospital on August 31, the woman returned to the shelter home where she informed about the crime to the caretaker through sign language.
Following this, a case was filed leading to the arrests, police added.