Mentally challenged woman raped by wardboy in Chinchwad
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police arrest wardboy; doctor held for trying to cover up crime.
On a day when protests broke out in the Capital against rape of a five-year-old girl in east Delhi, report surfaced of a 22-year-old mentally challenged woman being allegedly raped by a wardboy of a hospital in Chinchwad, where she was being treated for the past six months.
Police have arrested the wardboy as well as the doctor couple, running the hospital for covering up the crime.
Chinchwad police said the woman was undergoing treatment at Suyash Hospital at Walhekarwadi area of Chinchwad for the past six months, where she was allegedly raped by a wardboy.
As per the complaint registered by the woman's father, who works as a manager at a construction firm, the incident took place at 12.30 am on Tuesday, when the girl was alone in her hospital room. The wardboy, now identified as Subhash Bhausaheb Modad (22), went into her room and raped her.
Senior inspector P B Lokhande of Chinchwad police station said, "For the past three months, no family member has been staying with the girl. She has a stepmother and a stepbrother."
Deputy commissioner of police (Zone III) Shahaji Umap said, "Vishal Sonawane (34), the doctor who runs the hospital, found out about the incident the following day, but instead of reporting it to the police he called the victim's father and offered him money. The woman's father claimed that he had even offered to treat her free of charge in return for his silence.
"Sonawane's wife was also aware of the incident. The father approached us on Friday evening. An FIR has been registered," the DCP added.
Incidentally, the doctor had locked up Modad in a room at the hospital. This came to light when his family approached the police to report him missing. Modad has been booked under Section 376D of the Indian Penal Code (Rape by any member of the management or staff of a hospital of any woman in that hospital), while the couple under IPC Sections 213 (screening /hiding any offence from proceeding against any person for the purpose of bringing him to legal punishment ) and 214 (offering money to screen offence.)
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun