Mentha oil futures rise on strong demand
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Mentha oil prices rose by Rs 16.60 to Rs 1,249.80 per kg in futures trade today as speculators created fresh positions on the back of strong domestic as well as export demand.
Reports of lower production this season further fuelled the uptrend.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, mentha oil for delivery in December month rose by Rs 16.60, or 1.35 per cent to Rs 1249.80 per kg in business turnover of 132 lots.
In a similar fashion, the oil for delivery in November contract moved up by Rs 15.60, or 1.28 per cent to Rs 1,235.50 per kg in 416 lots.
Market analysts said besides strong domestic as well as export demand, restricted arrivals from producing belts mainly pushed up mentha oil prices at futures trade.
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18
- The 'Silli' effect hold the surprise element in Ranchi
- ‘Cautious’ MU yet to send answer sheets for assessment, move may delay results
- AAP launches ‘Scam Expose Helpline’, to train people to conduct stings