Mercedes-Benz launches A-Class luxury compact car in India priced at Rs 21.9 lakh
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Mercedes-Benz India launched the highly awaited A-Class luxury compact car in Mumbai on Thursday in continuation to its product offensive for 2013.
The luxury carmaker launched A180 CDI with at an introductory price of Rs 21,93,500 (ex-showroom Mumbai) and the A180 Sport, which will be available at Rs 22,73,500 (ex-showroom Mumbai).
The A-Class introduces a new chapter in the compact luxury segment with a 1.6 litre, 4 cylinder petrol engine and 2.2 litre, 4 cylinder diesel engine with streamlined aerodynamic design ensuring minimalistic drag coefficient of 0.27.
The car has a 7G-DCT automated 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission, 11 drive assistance systems, Direct-injection turbocharger technology, 14.7 cm infotainment display system, multifunctional sporty steering wheels with paddle shifts.
It features seven airbags, an electronic stability program to help minimise the loss of control of the car during emergency braking along with acceleration skid control, electric parking brake, brake assist system, attention assist and hill start assist in cohesion to make it safe for Indian roads.
The A-Class boasts sporty interiors. The F1-inspired sporty seats and the emotive dashboard design gives a feeling of driving a sports car. Features like the ergonomic cockpit and ample visual highlights underline excellent interior quality of the car. Apart from the visual aspects the car also has 341 liters of boot capacity which is the best in the class.
"With the new A-Class Mercedes-Benz now pioneers the compact luxury segment in India which reflects the changing customer trend of compact being equated to cool and trendy. It is the safest cars with 11 drive assistance systems; and is India's most fuel efficient luxury car with 1,000 kms run in a full tank of diesel, having a Cd of 0.27," said Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer