Mercedes-Benz launches all new S-Class luxury sedan at Rs 1.57 crore
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz today introduced the latest version of its S-Class luxury sedan in the country, priced at Rs 1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director and CEO Eberhard Kern told reporters here.
He added that the company will sell the car as a completely built unit initially and follow up with the locally assembled product later. The Rs 1.57 crore price tag is for the launch version of the new S-Class, which is fully imported.
Kern said the company has already sold out the 125 units of the launch edition allocated by its German headquarters for India. Bookings have started for the S-Class to be assembled locally, with different specifications and pricing, and deliveries will start by April.
The new S-Class comes with a 4.6 litre V8 engine and has a top speed of 250 km per hour.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express