Mercedes-Benz launches all new S-Class luxury sedan at Rs 1.57 crore
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz today introduced the latest version of its S-Class luxury sedan in the country, priced at Rs 1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director and CEO Eberhard Kern told reporters here.
He added that the company will sell the car as a completely built unit initially and follow up with the locally assembled product later. The Rs 1.57 crore price tag is for the launch version of the new S-Class, which is fully imported.
Kern said the company has already sold out the 125 units of the launch edition allocated by its German headquarters for India. Bookings have started for the S-Class to be assembled locally, with different specifications and pricing, and deliveries will start by April.
The new S-Class comes with a 4.6 litre V8 engine and has a top speed of 250 km per hour.