Mercury dips to season’s lowest 7.4oC
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The minimum temperature on Thursday dipped to 7.4 degrees Celsius, the lowest recorded for the season in the city.
The maximum and minimum temperatures had started dropping to below normal figures from Thursday after remaining above normal for the month. On Wednesday, the minimum had dipped to 9.9 degrees. "This is the lowest recorded minimum temperature for the season (after 7.9 degrees on November 19). The cold northerlies are causing the dip. However, the temperature is likely to remain around 8 degrees Celsius," said a Met department official.
The maximum temperatures had been hovering between 30 and 32 degrees, a few notches above normal, since December 21. The night temperature, too, had remained high — between 12 and 14 degrees — during the last week.
The Met department has forecast a slight drop in the night temperature during the next couple of days, while the day temperature is likely to remain stable. "The temperatures are likely to rise after December 30-31, with the strengthening of easterly and southeasterly winds from the Bay of Bengal," added the official.