Merit list out at 11 am today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
The provisional merit list for admission to BCom in colleges across Chandigarh, including the Department of Evening Studies at Panjab University (PU), and Ludhiana will be declared online (at PU's website) on Wednesday at 11 am.
Students can click on the link bcomadmissions.puchd.ac.in to view the list. They will be allowed to send objections and seek clarifications, if any, before July 6 and the final list will be uploaded on July 8. The list of selected candidates will be displayed at the respective colleges on July 11 and the fee submission will begin immediately.
The final physical counselling will then be conducted on July 23 at the PU Campus, after consideration of requests on change in preferences by students.
For a total of 4,000 seats, nearly 12,000 students have applied this year. Owing to the huge rush for the admissions and also the delay in the schedule this year, PU's coordination committee, which conducts the BCom admissions via a centralised process, has planned to complete the seat allocation in a single round of counselling this time.
This time, the applicants have been asked to provide six preferences of colleges. Among the 11 colleges offering BCom in Chandigarh, GGDSD College Sector 32 has been first choice of most of the students in the last few years, resulting in the college setting the highest admission cut-off.
Last year, the highest and the lowest cut-off set by GGDSD College for UT General pool was 108.8 pc and 103. 4 pc, respectively.
Maluka inaugurates Guru Tegh Bahadur Bhawan at PU
Punjab Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka inaugurated the Guru Tegh Bahadur Bhawan at Panjab University (PU) campus here on Tuesday. Addressing the gathering, Maluka emphasised on the sacrifices made by Guru Tegh Bahadur and announced a grant of Rs 5 lakh for further development of the Bhawan. Later, a deputation of PU senators including P S Gill, RPS Josh, I S Sandhu and Munish Verma met the minister to discuss problems afflicting higher education in Punjab, particularly the ban on recruitments and non-payment of arrears.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'