Meritorious shooters feted
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
Sahara India on Tuesday felicitated Indian shooters Tejaswini Sawant, Gagan Narang and Asher Noria who won medals at the prestigious 50th ISSF World Shooting Championship held at Munich, German, recently. Tejaswini Sawant won a gold in the 50m rifle prone event, Gagan Narang won a bronze in the 10m air rifle event and also became the first Indian to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics while Asher Noria clinched a gold in the men's junior double trap event. Besides appreciation certificates to all the three shooters, Tejaswini and Gagan Narang were handed over cheques of Rs 5 lakh by Subrata Roy, managing worker and chairman Sahara India. Officiating president National Rifle Federation of India (NRAI) Avtar Singh Sethi also graced the occasion. Asher Noria, who could not make it to the ceremony, was awarded Rs 3 lakh. To promote shooting, Sahara India along with the NRAI has identified 15 shooters, including many upcoming ones, who are being provided support till after Olympics at London.